Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sausage & Spinach Calzone

I'm posting this recipe on here because I have to search for it in my email every time I want to make it... and that's often. It's one of our favorites!!! Also a great way to add in spinach and make it super tasty.

1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed to drain)
1 lb. Sausage (cooked and crumbled)
1 2cup package of shredded cheese (either Mozzarella or Italian blend)
3 TB Parmesan cheese (if I have fresh that's what I use otherwise I just use
what's in the can in the frig already)
3/4cup Cottage cheese
1/2cup Sour Cream
1/4cup (2 oz) Cream cheese
1 tsp Garlic powder
Pepper to taste

1 refrigerated pizza crust roll ( I typically use pillsbury)
1 Jar Spaghetti sauce

Prepare sausage and Spinach. (While my sausage is cooking I do the spinach
in a covered dish in the microwave)

In separate bowl. Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic and
Parmesan cheese. I use my hand beaters to get this really smooth.
Then I add the spinach. (Don't forget to squeeze it before adding) I still
use my hand beater after adding the spinach. Then by hand I add the sausage.

Using a cookie sheet sprayed with Cook spray. I spread out the pizza crust
to cover the whole pan. Then on half (long ways) You put the cheese/spinach
mix. Leave about a 1/2 in or so on each end. Then sprinkle the shredded
cheese on top of the mix. Now fold the dough over to meet. Mash edges
together. I have a twist method to do this but I could never explain it in
writing. Just so long as the dough is mashed together to form a seam is all
that matters. Then bake according to pizza crust roll temp. usually this is
400 to 425.

Heat sauce in separate pan.

No comments: